Andhra Medical College Visakhapatnam
The recorded onset of medical education in Visakhapatnam can be traced to 1902, when the Victoria Diamond Jubilee Medical School was set up in the Old Post Office area supported by Maharajah Sir Goday Narayana Gajapathi Rao and Maharani Lady Goday Chittijanakiammah.
Some years later, the Medical School was presumably shifted to the site of the present Anatomy Block. There were 50 students in the first batch who were trained for the Licentiate Certificate Standard A.
The school building was then commissioned as Medical College, Vizagapatnam and started operations on 1 July 1923, with 32 students. The college was opened informally on 7 July 1923, by Captain Frederick Jasper Anderson, IMS, officiating as principal who was also the professor of anatomy and surgery. The Medical College was formally opened on 19 July 1923, by the Honorable Diwan Bahadur Rajah Panuganti Ramarayaningar, MA, minister for Local Self Government Department, the then Chief Minister of Madras, Tamil Nadu state and minister for health.
Address: Jagadamba Junction, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh 530002
Phone: 089127 12258
EMail : email@example.com
Website : www.andhramedicalcollege.com