D. H. S. K. Commerce College
The clear vision, enormous zeal and untiring efforts of the prominent intellectuals and citizens of the region and able guidance by the eminent educationists like late Dr. L. P. Dutt and late Dr. N.K. Basu resulted in the birth ofDibrugarh Hanumanbux Surajmal Kanoi (D.H.S.K.) Commerce College, the first full-fledged Commerce College in the North Eastern Region oflndia.
The importance of introducing commerce education in Dibrugarh was felt by the visionaries of the town way back inthe mid-twentieth century. To give shape to their vision, commerce classes at the intermediate level was first introduced in D.H.S.K. College in 1945 in the evening shift. The necessity ofhaving a full-fledged commerce college was realised very soon by the students, academicians as well as the public in general which led to the establishment of D.H.S.K. Commerce College in 1960. The foundation stone of the present college building was laid by Late Morarji Desai, the then Finance Minister of India. Dibrugarh University came into being and also started functioning from this newly constructed college building till1968.
Address: Dibrugarh, Assam 786001