Gajra Raja Medical College
Established in 1946, Gajra Raja Medical College, Gwalior, is the 17th Medical College of India and the first in the state of M.P. Presently It admits 150 students for MBBS, 68 students for post graduation Degree Courses and 36 students for Diploma courses every year. Jaya Arogya Group of Hospitals is the affiliated teaching hospital and has about 1100 beds equipped with all modern facilities.
The college is governed by G R Medical College Society under the Department of Medical Education, Government of Madhya Pradesh. It is affiliated to Jiwaji University, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh Medical Science University, Jabalpur and recognized by the Medical Council of India.
The affiliated teaching Jay Arogya Hospital was founded in 1893. Dr Bhagwat Sahai was the Medical Superintendent of the J. A. group of Hospitals in 1946 with the dream of establishing a medical teaching and training center in Gwalior, he persuaded Shrimant Maharaja Jiwajirao Scindia, the then Maharaja of Gwalior for the inception of a college.
A total sum of Rs. 20 Lacs was sanctioned on the occasion of the birth of Late Srimant Madhav Rao Scindia II in 1945 by “Gajra Raja Memorial Trust” for the construction of the Medical College. Rs. 10 Lacs were later donated by Late Shri G. D. Birla at the instance of birth of Maharaja Scindia on November 21, 1945. Lord Wavell, the Viceroy of India, on his visit to Gwalior laid the Foundation Stone of the college as the 17th Medical College of India.
Gajra Raja Medical College was inaugurated by His Highness Maharaja Jiwaji Rao Scindia, the then ruler of Gwalior state on 1 August 1946, in the memory of his beloved mother Matoshree Gajra Raja. Dr. Bhagwat Sahai became the founder Principal.
Phone : 0751-2403400
EMail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.grmedicalcollege.org