The Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund offers Scholarships for upto 2 years to Indian Nationals and Nationals of other Asian countries for Ph.D studies in India
Categories of Scholarship
The scholarships are available to the following categories of students:
1) Indian Nationals for Ph.D. study in India; and
2) Nationals of other Asian countries for Ph.D. study in India.
Areas of specialisation
A candidate may apply for scholarship in any one of the following areas of specialisation:
1. Physical Sciences
2. Chemical Sciences
3, Mathematical Sciences
4. Biological Sciences
5. Computer Sciences
6. Engineering Sciences
7. Environmental Sciences
8. Comparative Studies in Religion and Culture
9. Indian History & Civilisation
12. Studies on Jawaharlal Nehru
At the time of making the application for scholarship, a candidate should
1. Hold a First Class Post-graduate degree with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
2. already be registered/admitted for Ph.D. degree with a recognized University/Institution in India. Those who have applied for registration and have not yet been registered at the time of submission of application, are not eligible to apply.
3. not be above 35 years of age at the time of applying.
4. be a full-time Ph.D. Scholar.
5. have valid GATE /NET score.
Duration of scholarship Up to 2 years
Value of Scholarship
a) Maintenance allowance including Tuition fee – Rs.12,000 per month
b) Annual contingent expenses for study tours within India, purchase of books, stationery, etc. – Rs. 15,000 per annum
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be downloaded from the official website. Completed application form together with all the necessary enclosures should reach Administrative Secretary, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, Teen Murti House, New Delhi-110 011 during April and May. The candidates are advised to send their applications as soon as possible. The Fund will not be responsible for any postal delays in reaching the application by the due date.
The Selection Committee’s decision to call a candidate for interview or select a candidate for scholarship will be final and no representation in this regard will be entertained.
1) A passport size photograph of the applicant to be pasted on the form.
2) A synopsis of not more than 1500 words or about 3 pages of 1.5 spaced text.
3) University Doctoral Monitoring Committee’s report or Supervisor/Guide’s report.
4) Postal Order/Demand Draft for Rs.100.
Incomplete and unsigned forms are liable to be rejected.
Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund
Teen Murti House
New Delhi-110 011
Phone: +91-11-23013641, 23017173, 23018087
For more details Please! Refer the Website: http://www.jnmf.in/
Best Wishes From www.scientiaeducare.com
Helping you choose a successful career….