Lady Hardinge Medical College
Lady Hardinge Medical College is a medical college for women located in New Delhi, India. Established in 1916, it became part of the Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi in 1950. The college is funded by the Government of India.
When the national capital of India was shifted to Delhi, Lady Hardinge, the wife of the then Viceroy of India, Baron Charles Hardinge, decided to found a medical college for women, as she recognized that the lack of such a college made it impossible for Indian women to study medicine. The foundation stone was laid by Lady Hardinge on 17 March 1914 and the college was named Queen Mary College & Hospital to commemorate the visit by Queen Mary in 1911-12. Lady Hardinge was actively involved in collecting funds for the college from the princely states and the public until her death on 11 July 1914.
Phone : 011-23343984, 23363728
EMail : email@example.com
Website : www.lhmc.in