Lokopriya Gopinath Bordoloi Regional Institute of Mental Health (LGBRIMH)
The Lokopriya Gopinath Bordoloi Regional Institute of Mental Health (LGBRIMH) was initially set up as Tezpur Lunatic Asylum under the British Government in April, 1876. In 1922 the hospital was renamed as Tezpur Mental Hospital. The hospital accommodation rose up to 700 beds in 1932. After the Independence, the hospital was brought under the Government of Assam. In 1949, Late Dr. N. C. Bordoloi became the Superintendent of the hospital. During his tenure, the hospital saw marked improvement in the administration and treatment services. Dr. Bordoloi was the first psychiatrist in the country to receive the Padmashree Award from the Government of India for his dedicated service. A new Out-Patient Department (OPD) was built in 1987. In the following year, another two storied building was built to accommodate the increased number of patients. In 1989, the hospital was renamed as Lokopriya Gopinath Bordoloi Institute of Mental Health on the name of first chief minister of Assam Gopinath Bordoloi . In 1999 the Institute was handed over to the North Eastern Council (NEC). On June 1, 2007, the Institute was taken over by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (India), Government of India.
Lokopriya Gopinath Bordoloi Regional Institute of Mental Health
P.O: Tezpur, Dist: Sonitpur (Assam)
PIN: 784001, Post Box No: 15
E-mail ID: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org