Rajashree Chatrapati Shahu Maharaj Government Medical College
Chhatrapati Pramila Raje General Hospital is a large state-run hospital in Kolhapur, India with 650 beds. It is affiliated to the R.C.S.M. Government Medical College and a Nurses training School. Chhatrapati Pramila Raje General Hospital caters to approx. 8,426,959 population of Kolhapur District- an important district in the western Maharashtra. The hospital was originally built in commemoration of the visit of the Prince of Wales in 1875 and was named king Albert Edward Hospital. The Foundation stone was laid by Sir. James Fergusson, then Governor of Bombay on 9 march 1877. This was possible with the blessings of the regional ruler Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj. This project was completed in 1881. The hospital underwent many changes after Shahu Maharaj returned from England and offered free treatment to every one. It is a matter of great pride for this hospital that “First lady doctor of India …Dr.Anandibai Joshi after completing her challenging medical education from united states of America was appointed as ‘Physician in charge’ of the hospital by the regional ruler Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj !! “In 1946, the hospital was renamed “Chhatrapati Pramila Raje Hospital (CPR)” in the honor of Chhatrapati Pramilatai Raje, daughter in law of the Royal family of Kolhapur.
Phone : 0231-2641583, 2641326
EMail : email@example.com