Water is one of the most common substances on the Earth. Covering over 70% of the surface of the Earth, it is easy to find. Even in a desert it is not hard to find water, if you know where to look.
Water is a transparent fluid which forms the world’s streams, lakes, oceans and rain, and is the major constituent of the fluids of living things.
Density: 999.97 kg/m³
Boiling point: 100 °C
Molar mass: 18.01528 g/mol
Triple point temperature: 0.01 °C
Melting point: 0 °C
IUPAC ID: Water, Oxidane
1. True or false? Sound travels faster through water than air?
2. Water is made up of what two elements?
3. What is another name for a tidal wave?
4. True or false? The Indian Ocean is the biggest ocean on Earth.
5. The solid state of water is known as what?
6. Can the average human survive without water for a few days or a few weeks?
7. True or false? Pure water is tasteless.
8. Nimbus, cumulus and stratus are types of what?
9. True or false? Water is an example of a chemical element.
10. Does water cover more or less than 50% of the Earth’s surface?
11. True or false? Water boils at 100 degrees Celsius (212 degrees Fahrenheit).
12. When water is cooled, does it contract or expand?
13. Water freezes at what temperature?
14. True or false? Water is easy to compress.
15. What is the chemical formula of water?
16. The deepest point in all of the world’s oceans is named what?
17. True or false? The consumption of bottled water has risen significantly over the last few decades.
18. Pure water has a pH level of a around what number?
19. What is the longest river on Earth?
20. True or false? Ice sinks in water.
Water Quiz Answers
2. Hydrogen and oxygen
4. False – Pacific Ocean
6. A few days
10. More – Around 70%
13. 0 °C (32 °F)
16. Mariana Trench
19. The Nile River
20. False – It floats
Best Wishes From www.scientiaeducare.com
Helping you choose a successful career….