Gurucharan College, Silchar, abbreviated as G.C. College, was established on 15 July 1935. Originally the college was housed in a deserted bungalow of Promode Chandra Dutta at Rongpur on the bank of river Barak. Unfortunately, riverbank erosion began to engulf the college premises, and Gurucharan College was shifted temporarily to the campus of Silchar Normal School. This temporary phase of accommodation was soon over and, with the help of insistence from different quarters, the college was able to acquire a vast area of about 7.1 acres (2.9 ha) in the Silchar Municipal area.
Gurucharan College, popularly known as GC College, is a college imparting 10+2, undergraduate, certifications and postgraduate education under the aegis of Assam Higher Secondary Education Council, Guwahati and Assam University, Silchar.
Address: GCC Road, Silchar, Assam 788004
Phone: 03842 267 042